Wednesday, March 28, 2007

User Name Overload!

I've come to realize that I have an incredible number of user names and passwords, an insane amount really. There's this blog, my other blog, my etsy account, and my flikr site. I have user names for those little icons down on the right. I have various email addresses and accounts for different point plans. I have numerous user names and passwords at work and ones for personal use. Then of course there are all those websites where you have to create a user name and password just for visiting one time. As if I can remember those ones!

The problem with having all those accounts is that where do you keep your user names and passwords? Certainly you can't keep a file on your computer; what if it's hacked? Write it down somewhere? Yeah, exactly, "somewhere"...that has to be a place you can readily find it, where it doesn't get misplaced or tossed. No, I think my best bet is to stick with my usual method...keep it all in my head. For now.

Until my head explodes.

3 comments:

Dre said...

write them down and tape it to the side of your computer and put a second copy under your matress. Wha?? people have used that spot for safekeeping for ages

Anonymous said...

I try to always use the same username and keep a back up username for the chance that someone else (how dare they) take my username first. I do vary the passwords for fear that someone will figure out that they can get into all of my accounts with one bit of information!

Kathleen J. said...

I keep them in a memo pad close to the computer. I have a real fear of waking up one morning and going blank on all of them.